Monday, March 27, 2006

Regarding My Previous Post

I realize now that my previous post might have been a little harsh. I was really upset and have a cold, so I’m thinking a little irrationally today. But my anger still stands. What am I angry at? I am angry that American citizens and illegal aliens are protesting our government of doing its job, a job that should have been done a long time ago. It is this blogger’s belief that the majority of the students don’t even know what they are protesting, they are just following the crowd, literally, and if they knew what was really going on in Capitol Hill they would still be protesting, but not in the great numbers as there were today.

Do they have the right to protest? Yes! Do I have a right to complain and call them stupid? YES!! I don’t have a problem with people protesting, it’s their right. I just have a problem with what they’re protesting. Don’t get me wrong, every human including the illegal’s have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, And in America you are given those rights. But not in Mexico and that’s why they’re coming here. I wouldn’t even mind them coming here illegally if it was just a little amount. But they are coming here in swarms! We cannot handle that; we cannot be the only parent on the block who feeds all the children in the neighborhood. It’s not feasible. It is the responsibility of the Mexican government to take care of their people, not ours. They have the natural and economic resources; they are just to corrupt to do anything. The United States should close off the border in bound and out and kick the ass of the Mexican government until they shape up. That should have been done before we went to Iraq. It’s surprising to me that no one is doing that. This is not something that can be fixed over night, it’s going to take years to fix. But my fear is that in that time things will advance so badly towards the worse that we are going to become divided even more. I don’t know. It really pisses me off.

Final thought: Protesting for protesting sake is a moral sin; protesting an unjust government is the responsibility of its people. I have seen no unjust actions on the side of our government regarding this. I only see a bunch of teenagers wanting to get out of class for a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home