Thursday, May 05, 2005

Me In Reciprocation

Last month I posted a blog about a student at McKay High School in Oregon who wasn’t allowed to post on the buliten board a photo of her brother serving in Iraq because he was holding his firearm out of uniform. I wrote the school board to be a responsible journalist and this was their answer:

Mr. Martinez,

Thank you for inquiring instead of accepting the reporting of the media
at large.

Prior to this story getting media attention, the district was already working cooperatively with the family to provide a picture that both parties felt would appropriately represent the job that our military is doing in Iraq. The picture that has been posted in the school is attached.

I have shared this information with all who have inquired. The following is an excerpt from an email sent by a father who has a son serving in Iraq.

"In reviewing the picture that you attached, I would agree that's it's infinitely better than the one that gathered all the initial attention and truly show's the positive intentions of our mission in Iraq. "Hats off" to you and the staff for working it out."

I hope you will share his feelings.

Sincerely,
Mike


Well, I do apologize for pre-judging this school, but I still personally believe there was nothing wrong with the original photo that the young girl brought.


Photo I was sent by school district





Original photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home