Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Post Election Woes

Yesterday was the California Primary election, and here in the 50th District we were voting for who would replace Randy Cunningham since he was sentenced for corruption.

If you want to know the results knock your self out.

This was a bad election, a lot of mud slinging, and the end result with the wrong people in office. All this election did was confirm my need to get out of this state.

The only real reason why I voted this time was to elect Bruce Ruff for Sheriff. But he lost, big time. When I saw it on TV my heart sunk into my stomach. All that campaigning, time spent meeting with the people, the money he spent. He worked his ass off 100 times harder than the incumbent Bill Kolender, but the people of San Diego are obviously to ignorant to realize what's good for them. That's the main reason why I hate this state, to many stupid people in it, I'm just fed up with it all.

So I don't know, I've lost faith in the democratic system. (And don't say its cause I'm a sore looser.) The good people don't get elected, and the wrong people do. And who is to blame? The voters? The candidates? The financial backers? I'd say it's all of the above. But yet, if I don't vote I have no right to complain; talk about a true conundrum. Its like life, sometimes its not worth it but you just cant stop, there is a purpose behind it, you just cant see it.

So now I'm really depressed and will be like this for a few days. And on that note I leave you with a personal saying of mine, "Life is a bitch you just can't slap."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home