Saturday, February 26, 2005

Mr. Jones Goes To The Hospital

Mr. Jones, an elderly man got very sick one night and had to be rushed to the hospital. Once he got there they gave him a room immediately and summoned the Doctor. The Doctor analyzed Mr. Jones’s symptoms and ran some tests. He comes back and says, "Mr. Jones, you have the influenza, but the way your antibodies are fighting it you might be better in a few days, due to your age we want keep you here for a while to watch you and make sure it doesn’t get worse."

Mr. Jones replied, "Lord God, I ask for your healing touch, that you’ll cure me of this and make me better again! Give the doctors the knowledge and skills they need to do your will. Thank you and Praise you oh God, Jesus of Nazareth!"

The doctor gives him a weird look with his prayer thinking that it is he, the doctor who is helping Mr. Jones, but he disregards it and continues with his other patients.

The next morning he comes in to check on Mr. Jones and finds that he has recovered 100% from the flu, the Doctor is stunned. "Wow, I have never seen anyone at your age with your symptoms recover to the fullest this fast!"

"I praise the Lord on high for this, Christ has cured me of my illness, it is all of Him that I am better."

The doctor can’t take this anymore, "Mr. Jones, I’m sorry, but I just can’t believe that there is a God who cures just you and not the other sick people out there, how can He let all this suffering go on?"

Mr. Jones responds: "God is real, He is a loving God; if you ask, so shall you receive."

"Then why is there all this evil in the world, shouldn’t He stop it if He exists? Where is your God?" Mr. Jones looks at him and ponders it for a while.

"I don’t believe in Doctors!" Mr. Jones says.

"What!? What do you mean, I’m a doctor, I practice medicine, I make sick people better."

"But there are so many sick people out there so that means that Doctors don’t exist."

"There are sick people out there because they don’t or can’t go to a doctor."

"Exactly! That's the point! God does exist. What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for Him when they can. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

"But how can He watch us destroy ourselves like this with the hate and evil, its sadistic."

"It is Man who has brought evil and hatred into this world through OUR own sin. You have to understand that we are all sinners, but it is God who has allowed us to thrive through his perfect love; we all should be dead due to our own sin, it destroys us all. Have you ever asked yourself how we have made it to this point, with all the evil in this world: killings, plagues, disasters, wars. Isn’t a being so destructive, according to evolution, supposed to kill themselves off through natural selection? Doesn’t this suggest that there is an outside force controlling and guiding what happens here?"

"But why are innocent infants in third world countries dieing of diseases, they did nothing to sin, why is God allowing for them to die?"

"No one said life was going to be fair, bad things happen to good people, even innocent infants. But God allows for bad things to happen for a reason. Bad things happen because of sin, but God takes that sin and turns it into good. He took the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and turned it into salvation of all mankind."

"Jesus, he was just a man, a philosopher of His time, I find it hard to believe that He’s God."

Why, why is it so hard to believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sin’s, and to be saved all you have to do is believe in Him with all your heart, and you will be found righteous in the eyes of God."

"He was just a man who did good things, there is no evidence supporting the theory of Him being God, or a God at all."

"But there is a lot of evidence supporting Jesus as the Messiah, God. The Bible, in the Old Testament, there is exactly 306 specific prophecies about Christ's first coming to earth. Each one of them came true - literally - exactly as predicted! This verse, tell me what you think it means, "My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And Thou dost lay me in the dust of death. 16 For dogs have surrounded me; a band of evildoers has encompassed me; they pierced my hands and my feet. 17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me; 18 they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots." What does that sound like to you? Or what does it remind you of if anything?"

"Something similar to a crucifixion maybe?"

"Yes you are correct. That was from Psalm 22. That Psalm was written about 1000 years before Christ was born. In fact, that Psalm begins with the verse "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" which is what Jesus quoted on the cross. My point is this; the Bible contains prophecy, detailed prophecy about Christ that has come true. No other book has this."

"How do you know that it was written 1000 years before Christ, do you have any proof?"

"The Old Testament was completed around 400 B.C. this is a historic fact and there is nobody anywhere of any educational level who's studied it that disagrees with this. In the 1940s a shepherd boy in the Israel area accidentally discovered a pot full of ancient manuscripts. Some of them were dated around 100 years before Christ."

"As an educated man myself, I have to be skeptical, anyone could have altered them, changed it to their liking."

"The Old Testament can be verified to have been written before Christ was born. Therefore the Psalm was written long before Jesus was ever born. There is enough archaeological evidence to substantiate the validity and accuracy of the Old Testament, it is just a matter of you accepting the evidence at hand."

Sorry, I don’t think that there is enough evidence to say that Jesus is God, and as I stated, that there is a God at all."

"Ok, let me ask you another question, humor me please, what does a criminal Prosecutor do?"

They prosecute criminals who have been arrested for a crime."

"Ok, what basis do they have to suspect that the person is guilty?"

They go on evidence at hand, I see where this is going but it’s not the same."

"But isn’t it? The Prosecutor is basing their case on evidence collected by the police: testimony, a dead body, or any evidence of foul play. The Prosecutor wasn’t there to see the crime being committed, nor were they there to obtain testimony, that’s usually done by the police, so what are they basing their case on? With your standards then we could not prosecute anyone, because there is not enough evidence."

"What evidence is there to prove that there is a God? I don’t know any."

Lets take the miss-understood theory of the ‘Big Bang’ Do you buy into the theory of the Big Bang?"

"Yeah, I do, until I hear compelling evidence to the contrary."

"All right, well, as it is taught, it states the theory is that the Universe began with all matter and energy concentrated to very high density and temperature some 15 billion years ago. The present universe expanded from that epoch and is still expanding. Am I correct?"

"Yes, from what I know, go on."

"But my question is that, where did that matter come from? Scientists have not yet to answer that."

"They don’t know, I don’t know."

Could it be that God created this ‘Big Bang’? I imagine that if God were to create the universe He wouldn’t just have it come into existence with no theatrics, there would be something magnificent to it. Wouldn’t you say?"

"Eh, well, yeah, but where did God come from?"

"God is perfect, perfection cannot have a beginning or an end, it would contradict itself. That’s why God said he is the Alpha and Omega, meaning that he has no beginning or end."

"That’s hard to buy."

"I know it is, but think of it this way, how do you explain to a blind person who has been blind his whole life the color yellow? You really can’t, they’ve never seen it nor had the receptors to comprehend it, no eyes."

"Ok"

Same goes for Man, we only have our five senses, but there is more out there that we can’t see or begin to comprehend. We don’t have the receptors to understand God’s greatness and power; we can just witness His divine intervention through what He does."

"Ok, I’ll give you that. But I still can’t help to be skeptical. It’s just real hard for me to accept right now for the existence of a god, and especially Jesus as being that God."

"I understand the reason you feel this, it is due to our freewill and our choice to not follow God."

The Doctor looks at his watch, "I really have to get back to my profession that you don’t believe in" the Doctor says with a chuckle and a smile.

"I believe in doctors, just as much as you believe in the healing powers of your practice, I just pray that someday you’ll realize that it’s not so much your skills as it is God’s power doing the healing through your skill."

This arrogant statement again took the Doctor by surprise, but with the conversation just had he understood why Mr. Jones said it.

"Be it God’s power’s or my Harvard degree, someone is healing, and needs to be healed."

"That is true, thank you Doctor, you do a lot and you should get credit for your abilities, I praise God for you and what you do."

The Doctor smiles and returned the gesture, "Thanks, I hope your health stays with you, your God I must say works miracles as it appears."

"That he does."

"If you feel ill again come back so we can check on you."

"That I will."

The Doctor leaves the room with his thoughts and Mr. Jones follows too.


Jesus is real, he is God, and He does exist. He died on Calvary Hill and was resurected three days later to save the world from our own sins. It is up to you to accept the evidence at hand and accept Christ as God. If you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior REPENT and talk to the Lord in prayer in your own words right now. Don't put off making a decision for Jesus, tomorrow may be too late. Some people don't know how to pray. Praying is just talking to the Lord. If you want to be saved, repent and pray--you can say something like, "Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I want to be saved. I repent of my sins, every one. I don't want to do evil anymore; I want to do righteousness through the blood of Jesus. I'm asking you to please forgive me of my sins against you. I want a new life in the Lord Jesus Christ. I want to be everything that You created me to be. I believe that Jesus shed His blood and died for me so that I could be saved from my sins. I believe that He rose from the dead on the third day. I want to be your child. Thank you for being merciful to me, a sinner. Thank you Lord Jesus for saving my soul from sin. Please fill me with your precious, Holy Spirit so that I can live a righteous, self-denying life for you. I'm giving you myself. Please show me what you want me to do. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen." Once you are Saved, the Holy Spirit literally, not metaphorically, but literally enters you and transforms you, you are born again. It is great, God is great and I hope you will understand this too. Accept Christ into your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home